What is an Osteopath?
An Osteopath focuses on the structures of the body; joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons and nerves which do not function correctly. These structures are treated by gentle manipulation, this may consist of articulations, traction and relaxation to improve circulation, mobility and relieve pain.
An Osteopath can help every age from birth to the problems of old age as diseases such as arthritis etc set in. Our clinic in Old Coulsdon has been open since 2008, however our practitioners have been working in osteopathy for 25 years.
All the osteopathic practitioners at our clinic are members of the General Osteopathic Council (GOsC). The GOsC registers practitioners with the highest standards of safety and competence and requires continual professional development.
We treat a large number of conditions at the clinic including:
• Low back and neck pain
• Trapped nerves including sciatica
• Repetitive strain (RSI) and sporting injuries
• Osteo-arthritic and rheumatic joints
• Postural problems
• Premenstrual syndrome and pregnancy related problems
• Shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand problems
• Hip, knee, ankle and foot problems
• We also offer cranial osteopathy for babies, children and adults